Monday, October 6, 2008

What's That Smell?

I have no desire to be a stay at home dad. But if I decided to be one, I would be damn good. Both my parents taught me how to cook/bake while growing up (although each would take credit for different aspects in the kitchen). So it's pretty much every day that I'm grilling something, baking something, or cooking something. This morning I made banana bread. Of course, I didn't think about taking pictures of the whole process (as probably Colleen, Travis, Lisa, Eric, or Kristin would have done). But I do have the recipe. It is so good. I also sprinkled cinnamon and sugar on top. Here it is in case you want to make it!

INGREDIENTS
3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour

METHOD
No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.

4 comments:

Dan-Eric Slocum said...

Bam!

I'll be right over.

Kristin said...

Ohhhhh you should have brought it over here! That looks delicious!

Contact Travis said...

makes my mouth water!

PS. I do wanna be a stay-at-home dad someday...so I'll be needing more of these kinds of ideas...since I cannot cook :)

Sue said...

Dang Skiff! I'm a stay at home Mom and I can't bake like that! It looks so good I can almost smell it. You shoulda smelled up the newsroom with it! "Who's baking banana bread?" haha!