Sunday, October 5, 2008

Making News: Savannah Style

I was introduced to this show through one of Colleen's recent blog posts. If you haven't had the chance to watch it, take the time right now. After spending almost four years inside a newsroom, it is painful to see the similarities. Bosses screaming at low-paid employees, dreams of making it big, technical meltdowns, complaints of under staffing. I have watched a few episodes now and plan on watching all of them. Check out the first episode below.

2 comments:

Dan-Eric Slocum said...

This is classic stuff. Broadcast insiders just relate to every single second of it.

Contact Travis said...

I just cant bring myself to watch more than a few minutes of this this... I started my career in a TV market smaller than this one (MUCH smaller in facttry 190 DMA..we didn't have live trucks, we didnt have live shots...we didn't have an assignment editor...some days we didn't have computers or cameras...and when we did those cameras were S-VHS)... my first two years in 'the real world' of TV news scarred me in such a way that honestly...its best not to try and pick away the scabs.

I'll leave this to y'all to enjoy...and may you never have to work anywhere smaller than a 75 market (I believe that's what Spokane is now...right Colleen?)

Just believe me when I tell you this show is HEAVEN compared to many smaller markets out there.