Are you doing Muir? My favorite hike of all time was in 1997, August, when my friend Margaret and I hiked up to Muir. It was about 70 degrees that day- ON THE SNOWFIELD!! We could see Adams, St. Helens, and Hood as clearly as if we could *jump* straight to their summits. It was incredible.
But this time of year Muir is a bit dicey. If you go BE CAREFUL.. and look for the red guide markers left by RMI onthe route up. They're really good about leaving those for fall hikers.
Nope. Britty is in Portland this weekend to visit Holly who moved down there a month or so ago. Eric, I'm not sure where we're going yet. I'll let you know.
3 comments:
Are you doing Muir? My favorite hike of all time was in 1997, August, when my friend Margaret and I hiked up to Muir. It was about 70 degrees that day- ON THE SNOWFIELD!! We could see Adams, St. Helens, and Hood as clearly as if we could *jump* straight to their summits. It was incredible.
But this time of year Muir is a bit dicey. If you go BE CAREFUL.. and look for the red guide markers left by RMI onthe route up. They're really good about leaving those for fall hikers.
Listen to DS on that one :o) and have fun!
Brittany making the trek?
Nope. Britty is in Portland this weekend to visit Holly who moved down there a month or so ago. Eric, I'm not sure where we're going yet. I'll let you know.
Post a Comment