Can you say: booooooooooooorrrrrrrrrriiiiiiinnnnnnnnnng?
From the Washington Post: "Neither McCain nor his Democratic opponent, Barack Obama, gave a particularly electrifying performance and neither seemed truly responsive to the current frightening headlines about the potential collapse of the U.S. economy. How could they be responsive and truly topical when both stuck to repeating campaign catchphrases and promises that dated back to the earliest stages of the political season?"
From the Politico: "With the country at one of its most interesting—not to mention terrifying—moments in a generation, John McCain and Barack Obama met in Nashville for what was surely one of the dullest and was definitely the least satisfying presidential debate in memory."
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I actually found it quite interesting, but didn't really care for the town hall approach. It didn't leave enough time for rebuttals.
Maybe I'm just sick of the never-ending election (did I just say that?). But I thought it was just the same old, same old.
It will be over soon.
And I have a feeling the grumpy guy-- may not win.
Same old same sold. You got it. They both seemed bored.
If things don't change soon Eric, you will be right. However, I am reminded of two things. 1) GWB was down 11 percentage points the exact same time period in 2000. Second, I ruled out McCain as getting the Repub. nomination a LONG time ago, and he came out of nowhere and won it. So anything can happen. But we shall see.
That's a very good point DS.
Also, could any of us forget the "drama days" following the 2000 Gore win. I mean Bush win. I mean Gore win. I mean Bush win. I mean Gore win.
Wait a minute. I remember it was close.
Oh yeah. For a minute I thought I was dreaming and we'd just been through eight years of hell.
This stuff is crazy! Politico is reporting that Democratic Party insiders believe a landslide is in order for Senator Obama. Meantime, Zogby says the election is still a statistical dead head and will not be decided until the weekend before.
Post a Comment