Monday, June 2, 2008

Will She Stay or Will She Go?



That is the question all of American wants the answer to. You'll remember over the weekend the DNC ruled that delegates from Michigan and Florida will count as "half-votes." That means bad news (and trouble) for Senator Hillary Clinton's campaign. Tomorrow is the last of primaries (with voters in Montana and South Dakota going to the polls). Then what happens next? It seems any normal person would drop out. But Senator Clinton? Who knows. As my friend Eric points out, if you look at the word "fighter" in the dictionary, you see a picture of the Clinton family. For the sake of news and my own love for political unrest, I hope she fights it all the way to the convention.

Also..here's some interesting information from the Associated Press.
Next stop: Montana primary
At stake: 16 Democratic delegates
2004: George W. Bush won the state with 59 percent in the presidential election.
___
Next stop: South Dakota primary
At stake: 15 Democratic delegates
2004: George W. Bush won the state with 60 percent in the presidential election.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Interesting political analysis. Now get back to work on your final!

Colleen said...

As I read this Chuck Sivertsen on ABC radio said, "Obama wants to talk with Clinton about uniting their parties."

Interesting... was it their plan all along... either combination of the two?

I hope she fights to the floor too. Makes for good radio.

danielskiffington said...

I think the mention of ABC Radio makes it entirely appropriate to say "VICK!"

Colleen said...

"BRAD"... where's Eric on this blog? I made him say "HOT links" today. :) Made me happy.

Dan-Eric Slocum said...

Brad! HOT links! Brad!

I say Hillary stays in. But it doesn't look like I'm going to be right. Who knows?