The trees are in the Garden of Gethsemane (where Jesus prayed the night of his arrest). The steps are over two thousand years old are and believed to be where Jesus walked to his false trial.
Great job, Daniel. I am completely fascinated with all you write and the fabulous pictures we've seen so far. And I said you couldn't go unless you visited Rachel when you first brought the subject up! :o) Like you listened to me! But I AM glad you connected with her. XO (I have permission to do that...XO...cuz, well, I'm your Mommy.
This is a place I have long wanted to visit. The gnarled trees are so old. What they must have witnessed! And the steps are so beautiful. An amazing place to sit and contemplate. Thank you for sharing.
6 comments:
There's nothing like a 3-thousand year old city to show a guy a little history. GREAT BLOGGING. Great shots.
Great job, Daniel. I am completely fascinated with all you write and the fabulous pictures we've seen so far. And I said you couldn't go unless you visited Rachel when you first brought the subject up! :o) Like you listened to me! But I AM glad you connected with her.
XO (I have permission to do that...XO...cuz, well, I'm your Mommy.
This is a place I have long wanted to visit. The gnarled trees are so old. What they must have witnessed! And the steps are so beautiful. An amazing place to sit and contemplate. Thank you for sharing.
That was my thought exactly - what have those trees been around? Powerful photos to see where Jesus walked.
Yay! Pictures. I bet you're having the time of your life!
As far as I understand, the trees are several thousand years old (at least two thousand).
Post a Comment