Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I'm Here..

So I made it into Tel Aviv last night. After taking the cab to the north part of the city, I went to dinner with Rachel Gracino, who works for the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv. I woke up this morning and spent some time of the beach (in which my pasty white self got sun burned in the 95 degree heat) then walked to Jaffe and checked out an old church. Then I took the train to Jerusalem where I'll be for the next five days or so. I'm still recoving from the long traveling time. Although the 12 hour flight between Atlanta and Tel Aviv was made easier because of our upgrade to 1st class. Think steak, wine, cheese, and ice cream at 39-thousand feet.

So far I'm very much loving the area. Much of Tel Aviv is beautiful, as is the countryside to get to Jerusalem. Just a few minutes ago was the final call to prayer for Muslim's inside the city. It was interesting to hear it coming from at least four different mosques at the same time. One last thing before I go: I forgot the connector cord for my digital camera--which means its going to be hard to share photos of my trip as we go. I will try to remedy the situation by using my flash card on my friend Tyler's camera, but as of right now, your out of luck. I promise to upload all of them once I get back. Hey, good things come to those who wait! Sorry!

5 comments:

Dan-Eric Slocum said...

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristin said...

So wonderful to hear from you! The newsroom isn't the same in the afternoons. Isn't there a Radio Shack in Tel Aviv? Anyway, have a great time and looking forward to your updates.

Skiff said...

Very cool. Flying first class internationally is something I could get used to very easily.

Looking forward to your pictures...once you get back. ;)

Contact Travis said...

you'll get over the jet lag easily (if it helps remember it snowed a foot in the mountains and the front page of the PI says 'colder than Siberia') ... can't wait to see the pics...enjoy the amazing adventure!

suzy said...

Danielson.....I am so glad Rachel has emailed me several times to tell me what you guys are up to. Sounds like you are enjoying the sights and that she is being incredibly hospitable. Thanks for the short email today. She tells me in every email how much she LOVES it there! Hope to hear from you again soon, but I guess we'll all have to wait on those pictures.....Love you!!