Friday, June 20, 2008

I Have Arrived...

After flying through Amman, we reached Cairo, Egypt last night. I dont have much time to write (as I am about to catch a train to southern Egypt), but here are a few brief highlights. Last night we checked into the Hilton Ramses along the Nile River. It was a great room with an even better view. Today we went to the Egyptian Musuem and to see the Pyramids of Giza as well as the world-famous sphinx. Then a great dinner along the Nile River and then tomorrow is a cruise between Luxor and Aswan. I will post more and upload photos as I can. Hope you all are doing well!

5 comments:

suzy said...

Yea! Glad to hear that you are there and seem to be enjoying it. You said a lot in a few words. I guess that's what you've learned to do in the new business. Not me. I don't say much even with a bunch of words. Oh, wait. That's women in general....I forgot! :o)
Love ya!

suzy said...

Um, that would be NEWS business.

Lisa said...

I can't wait to hear your take on the pyramids and life in Egypt. I have always wanted to go there.

Dan-Eric Slocum said...

Take lots of photos. Really love living vicariously through you on this exciting journey.

As my friend Sylvia says- "the ones with YOU in them are the best." I used to wonder what she meant.. but now I understand it's more fun if you see your FRIEND on their vacation-- rather than just landscapes. HAVE FUN!!!

Dr. Ed Smyth said...

I am thrilled that you and Gorsey are having the time of your life, seeing the sights of the world and taking in all that you can of the world of Jesus when you were in Jerusalem. Wow. Amazing pictures and thoughts.