Thursday, June 12, 2008

What I'm Eating...

Okay so maybe I'll post a little on that now. What I eat depends mostly on WHERE I am. In Tel Aviv I had traditional Israeli breakfasts (made up of eggs, juice, coffee, cheese, bread, olives etc). I also had pastries with chocolate, butter, and jam. For lunch I had great sandwiches (everything from tuna and chicken). Both came with a lot of great roasted vegetables. One of my favorite drinks is mint lemonade. I'm not sure if its traditional to Israel, but I've seen a lot of people drinking it. Here in Jerusalem, it also depends on what quarter I'm in. The Old City is divided up into five sections (two Christian, two muslim and one Jewish). So the food varies from Kosher Pizza in the Jewish Quarter to Burger and fries in the Chrisitan quarter. Also, the bagels in the Jewish Quarter are amazing. Yum.!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Bring some back for us! I had a flafel from the Greek Deli yesterday and Colleen had a Greek Salad. We were thinking of you!

Dan-Eric Slocum said...

I love Israeli food, Dan. Glad you're enjoying it too-- it's a great part of the experience.

Colleen said...

OH! That sounds so amazing. I love hearing "lots of great roasted vegetables" from your mouth. You make a veggie proud *tear*... the mint lemonade sounds amazing. Can you make it for us?