Today I'm taking it easy in Jerusalem. So, do you have any questions? Is there something you want to know about my trip that I havent blogged about yet? Let me know. I'll answer them later today (Sunday night here).
Don't you find it striking in the Old City that the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, the Western Wall, and Temple Mount (Dome of the Rock) are all within a few hundred yards of one another? The three Abrahamic faiths intersect in that very spot in a huge way and have, of course, for centuries. There is an incredible energy there, not necessarily religious, but certainly spiritual relating to all the souls who've come as pilgrims to that very crossroads. I always feel that energy when I'm there. Is it too esoteric to ask if you feel it too?
Skiff I have a question? Is Tyler eating more than just bread and peanut butter? Will you please make sure he eats? If he doesn't want to spend the money tell him I will buy him at least two to three meals and he can give me the bill when he gets back...just make sure he's eating, okay? Thanks Skiffy! :)
Can you please have dan-eric-slocum, someone I happen to like very much, refrain from referring to all those machine guns, etc.? I know your mom reads this, too.... :o) Actually, I think I'd feel safer in a weird sort of way. I know Rachel feels comfortable living there. Ask kp if she will pay for some of your meals, too.....just kidding. I have someone in mind who will, if you need extra $$. Can't wait to read what you'll write about next. Love!
My buddy Chris (whose blog I sent to you) mentioned that when he first saw the Dome of the Rock he started crying...at least until the guy next to him essentially said "suck it up, Nancy."
What's been the most emotionally stirring moment for you so far?
6 comments:
Don't you find it striking in the Old City that the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, the Western Wall, and Temple Mount (Dome of the Rock) are all within a few hundred yards of one another? The three Abrahamic faiths intersect in that very spot in a huge way and have, of course, for centuries. There is an incredible energy there, not necessarily religious, but certainly spiritual relating to all the souls who've come as pilgrims to that very crossroads. I always feel that energy when I'm there. Is it too esoteric to ask if you feel it too?
Have you grown accustomed to all the machine guns? and searches?
Skiff I have a question? Is Tyler eating more than just bread and peanut butter? Will you please make sure he eats? If he doesn't want to spend the money tell him I will buy him at least two to three meals and he can give me the bill when he gets back...just make sure he's eating, okay? Thanks Skiffy! :)
Are people who live in Jerusalem scared? hopeful? Tentative?
how does it 'feel' as a city?
I'm always captivated by how a city 'feels' ... the emotional temperament of the people who live there as an almost collective experience.
Can you please have dan-eric-slocum, someone I happen to like very much, refrain from referring to all those machine guns, etc.? I know your mom reads this, too.... :o) Actually, I think I'd feel safer in a weird sort of way. I know Rachel feels comfortable living there. Ask kp if she will pay for some of your meals, too.....just kidding. I have someone in mind who will, if you need extra $$. Can't wait to read what you'll write about next. Love!
My buddy Chris (whose blog I sent to you) mentioned that when he first saw the Dome of the Rock he started crying...at least until the guy next to him essentially said "suck it up, Nancy."
What's been the most emotionally stirring moment for you so far?
Post a Comment