
Yesterday I took a trip to the Dead Sea (which borders Israel/West Bank and Jordan). Not only is the sea the lowest point on earth, it also is dang salty. In fact, more than 30 percent of the sea is made of salt! The salt also means its incredibly easy to float. I wish I could show you (I have pictures that I will upload when I get back). But basically, the second you step into the water, you are pushed on your back into the floating position. You could literally walk in the sea with a newspaper and never get it wet because you float so well. It's actually quite difficult to get OUT of the floating position. Anyway..its an interesting experience and I'm glad to have had the opportunity.
4 comments:
Do we get to see you floating and reading a newspaper? That's the famous shot!
I am so enjoying all your posts on your trip! Thank you for taking us along. It sounds simply amazing. And I'm having a Falafel at Grecian Corner in your honor on Monday!!!
Eric...Ill post the pic as soon as I get back. Lisa...enjoy the Falafel. I've noticed here in Israel they actually put french fries on top of the falafel. It's dang good. Goooooooooooo afternoon team!
That sounds like an amazing experience. I can't wait to see your pictures when you get back.
Post a Comment