Monday, June 2, 2008

Huh?

I’m studying for my History of American Foreign Relations final. This class is enough to make me wish I was not a Political Science major (not really, but you get the point). I’m looking at the study guide right now which has 18 questions. He will randomly pick two and require us to answer them. Here is just one of the questions. If you can answer this, I’ll give you a million dollars (not really, but you get the point).

“Contrast the post-Vietnam realism of Nixon and Kissinger with the neo-Wilsonian idealism of Jimmy Carter. What long-term tendencies in foreign policy approaches do they exemplify? What can you endorse in the views and actions of each? What makes you feel uncomfortable in each case? Contrast the spirit of détente in the 1970’s with renewed Cold War rhetoric of the early 1980’s. Again: what do you approve, and what do you regret, in each case?"

2 comments:

Colleen said...

I read about six words in that question and stopped... gave up... realizing that I don't have to answer crap like that anymore! Muahaha!

Dan-Eric Slocum said...

I agree with Colleen. My head hurts.