Friday, September 19, 2008

News Ratings

Being a self-confessed news junkie, I always find ratings interesting. Now of course there is more to ratings than just the total amount of people who watch (i.e. who is watching and how long they watch). However, I find the overall picture quite fasciating. Most interesting is the high numbers for Rachel Maddow's new show. I have never seen it, nor have I ever heard her speak. But it appears she is doing something right. Here are the numbers for the cable news race on Thursday.

Hannity and Colmes 4,589,000
The O'Reilly Factor 4,092,000
On the Record 3,286,000
The Fox Report 1,986,000
Rachel Maddow 1,971,000
Countdown 1,947,000
Special Report 1,903,000
Larry King 1,855,000
Anderson Cooper 1,852,000
Lou Dobbs Tonight 1,204,000
Hardball 944,000

1 comment:

Dan-Eric Slocum said...

Check out Rachel's ratings. WOW. That is significant.

This is a very good show, because she packages herself as left-leaning and explains it as a disclaimer.

You know what you're getting with her.

Keith, on the other hand, tries to present himself as balanced. Yeah, right. No, I mean left.