I'm about half way through with Carl Bernstein's book. I've had the book for several years, but didnt start reading it until two weeks ago. It is a fascinating read about Senator Clinton and how she grew up. For instance, she had a verbally abusive father and was president of the Young Republican's club at her college. No surprise, but Bernstein spends an awful lot of time talking about her husband, Bill. It chronicles their marriage (the ups and MANY downs) and takes a special focus to Bill's relationship with other women. It also shows how much influence Hillary has on Bill. No matter what you might think of Hillary, reading this book helps you to understand how she thinks the way she does and why she thinks the way she does. I reccomend it!
Monday, September 22, 2008
A Woman In Charge
I'm about half way through with Carl Bernstein's book. I've had the book for several years, but didnt start reading it until two weeks ago. It is a fascinating read about Senator Clinton and how she grew up. For instance, she had a verbally abusive father and was president of the Young Republican's club at her college. No surprise, but Bernstein spends an awful lot of time talking about her husband, Bill. It chronicles their marriage (the ups and MANY downs) and takes a special focus to Bill's relationship with other women. It also shows how much influence Hillary has on Bill. No matter what you might think of Hillary, reading this book helps you to understand how she thinks the way she does and why she thinks the way she does. I reccomend it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'll have to check it out. Sounds good, but is it one of those 'bio' books that are written quickly and basically say the same thing as other Hillary bio books?
I've read one another bio book about the Clinton's and I think this one is much more interesting. It talks a lot about her childhood and college years which are really fascinating.
Post a Comment