I admit it: I don't really like Chris Matthews all that much. I know he's a smart guy, has worked for some of the most famous American politicians in history, and is widely successful. But I can never seem to get past his bloviating, arrogant, interrupting-type attitude that is displayed on his show Hardball. None the less, I decided to pick up his book on campaigns. Once I picked it up, I literally never put it down. I read the whole thing in one setting. It's GREAT! Matthews chronicles his rise to fame and dishes secrets as to how to get there. The book is separated into chapters that will teach you how to win elections, sucker money from supporters, and get along with people from across the aisle. Even if you have no interest in running for politics, I recommend it.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Life's a Campaign
I admit it: I don't really like Chris Matthews all that much. I know he's a smart guy, has worked for some of the most famous American politicians in history, and is widely successful. But I can never seem to get past his bloviating, arrogant, interrupting-type attitude that is displayed on his show Hardball. None the less, I decided to pick up his book on campaigns. Once I picked it up, I literally never put it down. I read the whole thing in one setting. It's GREAT! Matthews chronicles his rise to fame and dishes secrets as to how to get there. The book is separated into chapters that will teach you how to win elections, sucker money from supporters, and get along with people from across the aisle. Even if you have no interest in running for politics, I recommend it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You know, Daniel, he was a guest on our news not too long ago and he's just the nicest, most soft spoken guy you'd ever meet.
SO DIFFERENT than he is on TV.
I had the same experience when I met Geraldo years ago. He was there with his 14 year old son-- who he adores. They were laughing and kidding each other. Geraldo was nice to EVERY person who came up to him-- whether they were on his staff or the public. I was stunned.
Wow that is crazy. Yet another lesson, you should not judge a book by its cover. He has such an interesting life. Have you read his book?
Post a Comment