Monday, July 14, 2008

Okay...I Admit...I Was Wrong

I just arrived back a short time ago from Little Rock, Arkansas. First, I must apologize. Like a lying politician, I promised to post while I was there, but failed to deliver. For that, I am sorry. But now on to the good stuff. Little Rock is not only beautifully green, it also has some of the friendliest people you'll ever meet. The stories of southern hospitality are true. Need directions? Just ask? Still hungry? More food is on its way. One of the best places to eat is called the Waffle House. Three eggs, toast, hashbrowns, and a biscuit is three dollars. Not only that, they have amazing employees who go out of their way to serve you.
I also very much enjoyed spending time at the President Clinton Presidential Library. While the stories are true (it does look like a double-wide trailer from Kitsap County), it is beautiful inside and full of great information, photos, and replicas of rooms in the White House as well as the Oval Office. We got a personal tour by one of President Clinton's close friends. He told interesting stories of when both President Bush 41, President Clinton, and President Bush 43 toured the facility together. It was cool to learn about their friendships (especially between the first Bush and Clinton) and to see how different administrations work together behind the scenes.

4 comments:

Dan-Eric Slocum said...

There's an interesting food theme in your posts.

Lisa said...

Be kind. It looks at least like a TRIPLE-WIDE trailer! Thanks for sharing!

Contact Travis said...

I resent that kitsap county comment...mr pierce county.

danielskiffington said...

Haha, sorry Travis. I admit Pierce County is just as ghetto as Kitsap. I mean, Pierce County has Graham. Nuff said!