
America is certainly not perfect, but traveling internationally makes me thankful to live here. Freedom of the press and freedom of religion are two of the reasons that come to mind as I type this. I love the 4th of July. It's a time to celebrate our independence and a time to be with family and friends. This morning I'm down in Gig Harbor where I'll be going to breakfast at one of my best friend's parent’s house. I've literally known them my entire life and they are some of the most hospitable people I've ever met. I have some friends down here from Seattle so it will be fun to hang out there as a large group. Then we'll all head back to my parents house where we'll have a BBQ in the afternoon (every type of meat, fruit, vegetable, chip, drink, and dessert you could imagine). Then we'll all head out on the boat to listen to music, hang out, and watch the fireworks on Tacoma's Commencement Bay. It's going to be a great day. I invite you to respond with what your thankful for today when it comes to America and our independence.
3 comments:
Daniel, I'm most grateful for "Freedom of Speech" as it has paid my rent for my entire adult life.
But if one travels, and I know you do, one realizes the GOOD LIFE we have here. I love the USA and I'm proud of this nation, warts and all. It is still the greatest country.
I'm thankful for freedom of the press, freedom of speech, and our country's beautful diversity.
I'm sitting in my hotel in Beijing right now, and I can't access your videos from Egypt thanks to the internet filtering that goes on here.
Definitely makes me miss the States.
Post a Comment