
Call me a terrible person, call me judgemental, but I have a preconcieved notion that Arkansas is a rural, dumpy, hick state. Now of course, I've never been and people tell me its actually quite nice. But I just cant seem to overcome the picture in my head: shotguns, missing teeth, Walmart, and cheap beer. I hope (and am fully expecting) to be proven wrong when I arrive tomorrow. I'm heading there along my my mom and dad for my best friend's wedding. David (who was my roommate of three years in college) is marrying his beautiful fiancee Margaret (also a close friend). I am SO excited for them and am actually quite excited they're getting married/living in Arkansas. But there's just something about the state. Maybe its an overdose of Bill Clinton/Mike Huckabee, but I just cringe when thinking of it. I hope to chronicle my time there (it should be easier to post than it is in say: southern Egypt) over the coming days. I will be flying from Seattle to Houston and then Houston to Little Rock. One thing I am excited for: spending time with David, Margaret, my family, and friends. Oh and here's a picture of the happy couple.
1 comment:
I actually heard that Arkansas is beautiful, but I have a hard time believing it. I hope you prove us all wrong. Probably the same as people thinking Washingtonians all wear birkenstocks and smoke pot.
Post a Comment