Sunday, November 16, 2008
Nickel Creek
My friends from South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas rave about Nickel Creek. I have been listening to them for a few months now and I really like them. So far my favorite song is "Speak." Great words, melody etc. I'm not usually a fan of bluegrass or country-type music. But their music is relaxing. It invokes fantasy. I imagine myself on a rope swing, jumping into a slow-moving river. I imagine sitting on a porch drinking sweet tea during a warm summer night. Anyway, if you want to check out some of their music head over to Pandora.com and type them in. You will get a few songs by them as well as some artists that have similar sounds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nickel Creek did some work with Glen Phillips (former lead singer for one of my favorite bands: Toad the Wet Sprocket). Definitely worth checking out
I will take your recommendation and give them a listen. THANKS.
The best music and books always come to me via friends.
Post a Comment