Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Call Me Intern

I did an internship once. It involved getting up at 3:00 in the morning. It was my freshman year of college. I got paid nothing. But it was great experience. Today I am going back into the world as an intern, but this time in a new field. I have been offered an internship in the public relations department of the architecture firm NBBJ. The firm is responsible for designing some of the most famous landmarks in Seattle and around the world (think the new Federal Courthouse, the new terminal A at Sea-Tac Airport, and the new Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation building near Seattle Center). NBBJ is based in Seattle but has offices across the United States as well as in Dubai, Moscow, Beijing and London to name a few. The great news: this is a paid internship...and its not minimum wage. The internship starts at three months, with the option to extend it to six months. I will call tomorrow to officially accept the position.

7 comments:

Contact Travis said...

congrats Daniel! This sounds like a grand new adventure...keep us posted.

Lisa said...

Daniel, how exciting! What an interesting way to learn about PR....through the eyes of architecture! I really look forward to hearing all about this. It sounds wonderful!

suzy said...

You never disappoint me Daniel. I have confidence that you will succeed in anything you do. Your life is a gift I will always treasure. I hope you love the new job!

Colleen said...

WOW! That sounds like so much fun! I hope you get the chance to travel to the different offices. Especially Dubai! Contrats my man!

Dan-Eric Slocum said...

Congratulations, my friend. AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Kristin said...

Congrats! That sounds really fun, and I can't wait to hear about your adventures! Happy Thanksgiving!

Sue said...

Wha? How did I miss this?? CONGRATS, Skiff! That's great news. I hope you'll report that most other offices are not as dysfunctional as others. hehe

Happy Belated Turkey Day!