I feel ten years old right now. I am helping my dad pack up the car to get ready for our trip to Priest Lake, Idaho. I've been to Priest Lake quite a few times since I was ten years old, but most of the time since then we've flown into Spokane. Today, I'm driving. Even though its been years since my last car trip to Priest Lake, its funny how things HAVENT changed. Dad gets up early, starts packing. Mom gets stuff ready in the kitchen. I wait for my name to be yelled and I come running to help. The dog freaks out and starts running around the house - thinking she'll be left behind. It's the same as it used to be. Pretty soon, we'll be on our way for donuts in Tacoma. Then we'll probably stop at the same rest stops, restaurants, and gas stations - all the way to the Idaho panhandle. It's a long trip to the lake, but I enjoy it - especially around the Vantage area of the Columbia River. Seven-and-a-half hours....here we come.
Thursday, September 4, 2008
The All-American Roadtrip
I feel ten years old right now. I am helping my dad pack up the car to get ready for our trip to Priest Lake, Idaho. I've been to Priest Lake quite a few times since I was ten years old, but most of the time since then we've flown into Spokane. Today, I'm driving. Even though its been years since my last car trip to Priest Lake, its funny how things HAVENT changed. Dad gets up early, starts packing. Mom gets stuff ready in the kitchen. I wait for my name to be yelled and I come running to help. The dog freaks out and starts running around the house - thinking she'll be left behind. It's the same as it used to be. Pretty soon, we'll be on our way for donuts in Tacoma. Then we'll probably stop at the same rest stops, restaurants, and gas stations - all the way to the Idaho panhandle. It's a long trip to the lake, but I enjoy it - especially around the Vantage area of the Columbia River. Seven-and-a-half hours....here we come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow that's a long road trip!! I remember road trips when I was young; we drove all over the place...even 12 hour days in the car! crazy!
Have a great time.
Post a Comment