I admit I am not the most extensive of world travelers. But having been to several countries on four continents, I have concluded my favorite place in the world is in our own back yard. It's called Malibu Club: a Christian camp located in British Columbia, Canada on the Princess Louisa Inlet. I first went there as a sophomore in high school. I've been back several times since including my most recent trip a few weeks ago where I worked on SummerStaff for a month. SummerStaff is made up of a bunch of college students (or recently graduated kids like me) who give up a month of their summer to volunteer at camp. In fact, we had to PAY to go there to work. Most of the people have jobs like driving $60,000 wakeboard boats or taking kids out on sail boats. But I had a behind-the-scenes job and loved every minute of it. I ended up working on maintenance where I did everything from make bunk beds, to fix sewer lines, to unload cargo. Malibu is only accessible by boat or sea-plane. In fact, the 400 or so campers that come each week (as well as the 150 or so support staff) arrive on a huge boat called the Malibu Princess. It's been rated one of the top yachting destinations in the world. Take a look at some of the pictures and you'll see why. It's beautiful. Mountains jet up 8-thousand feet out of the water. There are dozens of waterfalls within a five minute boat ride of camp and the scenery is beautiful rain or shine.
No comments:
Post a Comment